Are you ready to take your ride from mild to wild? We’ve got just the solution for you – the best exhaust for 3.6 Colorado. This will let your vehicle’s true potential roar to life with a symphony of exhilarating sounds and high performance.
We’re not saying that adding the perfect exhaust system will turn your Colorado into a rocket ship. But trust us, when you hear the deep growl as you hit the gas, you’ll wonder why you didn’t upgrade sooner.
This comprehensive guide dives into the top exhaust options for the 3.6 Colorado. We’ve scoured the market, tested various systems, and handpicked the crème de la crème just for you. So, let’s rev it up!
List of the Best Exhausts for 3.6 Colorado
Here is a list of the top exhaust systems that will awaken the true potential of your 3.6 Colorado. From aggressive growls to enhanced performance, these exhausts have been handpicked to deliver an unforgettable driving experience.
1. Flowmaster 615165 Engine Cold Air Intake
- Cross-linked polyethylene intake tube for optimal intake
- Conical-shaped 8-layer cotton gauze air filter for large airflow
- Black anodized aluminium fittings for durability
- High-quality reinforced silicone couplers
- Stainless steel hardware
- Compatible with 2017 to 2018 Colorado and GMC Canyon 3.6L trucks
This air intake is designed to take your 3.6L engine to the next level of performance and efficiency. Engineered with precision, this air intake system provides exceptional airflow and contributes to enhanced engine performance.
The heart of the system is the large high-flow conical-shaped 8-layer cotton gauze air filter. This high-quality filter efficiently captures dirt and contaminants, ensuring clean airflow to your engine. The result is improved throttle response, increased horsepower, and enhanced overall performance.
Installation is made easy with the included stainless steel hardware. It is also made easier by the custom-fit black powder-coated air dam. The air dam comes with attachment brackets and soft bumpers to secure the system in place and minimize vibrations. The attention to detail and precise fitment makes for a hassle-free installation process.
- Enhanced airflow
- Durable construction
- Easy installation
- No extra vibrations
- Limited compatibility
- Requires regular maintenance
2. DNA Motoring Cat Back Exhaust
- Compatible with 2004 to 2012 Chevy Colorado 3.6L
- Constructed from high-quality T-409 stainless steel
- Computerized mandrel bends for strength and durability
- TIG welded CNC machine flange for resistance against pressure and corrosion
- 2.5″ OD inlet and main piping
- Louvered core muffler design for optimal exhaust gas flow
- Increases horsepower and low-end torque by 15 to 25
- Aggressive deep and smooth tone sound
- Comes with all the needed hardware and gaskets
Made from top-notch T-409 stainless steel, this beast of an exhaust system is built to withstand the toughest road conditions. It will work under tough conditions and still deliver a performance that will leave you grinning from ear to ear.
Thanks to its computerized mandrel bend, this exhaust system guarantees optimal airflow. This gives your engine the boost it needs to unleash its true power. And let’s remember the TIG welded CNC machine flange. This adds extra muscle and fends off pressure and corrosion like a champ. With a 2.5″ OD inlet and main piping, this DNA Exhaust System ensures your engine can breathe freely. And when your engine breaks okay, it results in a significant horsepower increase that will leave your competitors eating your dust.
But it’s not just about power but also the roar. The louvered core muffler design produces a throaty and aggressive sound that will turn heads and make your presence known on the streets. And installing this bad boy is a breeze, thanks to the included hardware and gaskets. You’ll be ready to hit the road with a smile and an engine that growls like a wild beast in no time.
- High-quality stainless steel construction
- Optimized airflow and strength
- Delivers an aggressive sound
- Noticeable increase in horsepower and low-end torque
- Easy installation
- Limited compatibility
- Installation instructions are vague
3. K&N Cold Air Intake 8HP Kit
- Dyno tested for accurate performance
- Guaranteed performance increase
- Reusable air filter for saving costs
- Roto-moulded intake tube for optimal airflow
- Custom heat shield for engine bay protection
- Made in the USA
- Comes with all necessary parts included
- Compatible with 2017 to 2019 Colorado 3.6L models
This kit isn’t your average upgrade – it’s a ticket to automotive exhilaration. With this bad boy, that thrilling growl you have been looking for becomes a reality.
What separates K&N from the competition is its unwavering commitment to quality and performance. Every intake kit undergoes rigorous dyno testing, guaranteeing the horsepower and torque gains that will leave you grinning from ear to ear. The brand also takes pride in not outsourcing its manufacturing overseas. This ensures top-notch craftsmanship and unparalleled customer support.
The heart of this intake kit is its legendary reusable air filter. Unlike those flimsy disposable filters, K&N’s filter is engineered to last a lifetime. It’s a multi-layered marvel, combining pleated, breathable cotton. This powerful combination traps dirt and dust particles, allowing clean air to flow freely into your engine. And the best part? You only need to clean it every 100,000 miles under normal driving conditions. Say goodbye to the hassle of frequent filter replacements and hello to long-lasting performance.
- Increases horsepower and torque by upto 8hp
- Satisfying growl on acceleration
- Environmentally friendly reusable filter
- Quality and reliable
- Detailed installation guide
- The reusable filter needs maintenance
- Increased engine growl attracts a lot of attention
4. K&N Cold Air Intake 11HP Kit
- Guaranteed increase in horsepower and torque
- Features K&N’s signature reusable air filter, which saves costs
- Durable aluminum intake tube for a stylish look
- Will not void manufacturer vehicle warranty
- Includes step-by-step instructions and all necessary parts included
- Made in the USA and has US-based customer support
- Compatible with 3.6L 2016 to 2019 Jeep and Dodge
This air intake kit is here to turn your Colorado into a powerhouse. It guaranteed increased horsepower and torque, up to a jaw-dropping 11HP and 9.74 ft. lbs. Those numbers aren’t just pulled out of thin air; they’ve been tested on real wheels by real dynamos. But it’s not all about numbers and power gains. We know you want your engine to sound fierce, like a lion roaring down the highway. Well, good news! This cold air intake will make your engine growl on acceleration so you can show off to all the other cars in the jungle.
The brand cares about your warranty, too! Rest assured. This K&N air intake won’t void your vehicle manufacturer’s warranty. K&N has also got you with its limited lifetime warranty to give you peace of mind.
And what of installation? Piece of cake! You’ll have it done quickly, quicker than figuring out how to fold a map. With detailed instructions and all the necessary parts, you’ll feel like an auto mechanic extraordinaire, even if you’re more of a DIY novice.
- Guaranteed increase in performance
- Dyno-tested for accuracy
- Reusable air filter for long-lasting performance
- Will not void manufacturer vehicle warranty
- Detailed installation instructions
- Relatively higher cost compared to standard air intake systems
- Requires regular cleaning of the filter
5. K&N Cold Air Intake 19HP Kit
- Guaranteed performance increase of up to 19HP and 28 ft. lbs.
- Reusable air filter with 4 layers of breathable cotton for superior filtration and longevity
- The durable roto-moulded intake tube for maximized airflow
- Has a Lifetime Limited Warranty for added peace of mind
- Comes with all the necessary parts, so there are no extra expenses
- Compatible with 2015 to 2016 Colorado and GMC Canyon 3.6L V6
This is the most powerful upgrade in this review that can elevate your driving experience to exhilarating new heights. You can say goodbye to sluggish performance and hello to an extra 19HP and 28 ft. lbs. of neck-snapping power. Every press of the pedal will ignite a surge of adrenaline as your engine roars to life, making your presence known on the streets.
But power is not the only thing on the menu. K&N’s intake systems are designed to let your engine breathe freely, allowing it to perform at its peak. The free-breathing enhances your towing capabilities, acceleration and uphill performance.
Durability and performance go hand in hand with this kit. The roto-molded intake tube, constructed from high-density polyethylene (HDPE), maximizes airflow to your engine. The intake also has a custom heat shield that protects the incoming air from the searing temperatures of your engine bay. With this dynamic duo, your engine will stay cool under pressure, delivering consistent power and performance.
- Noticeable increase in horsepower and torque
- Captivating growl on acceleration, refined purr at cruising speeds
- Durable construction
- Comes with a lifetime limited warranty
- Easy installation
- Limited compatibility with other models
- Installation instructions could be more detailed
How to Buy the Best Exhaust for 3.6 Colorado
To help guide you in your decision-making process, here is a detailed buying guide:
Not all exhaust systems are designed to fit every vehicle, so checking the specifications is essential. To ensure compatibility, pay attention to the following factors:
- Make, Model, and Year: Exhaust systems are often designed to fit specific makes, models, and years of vehicles. Different vehicles have varying exhaust pipe lengths, mounting points, and configurations. Carefully check the product description or consult the manufacturer to verify that the exhaust system is compatible with your 3.6 Chevy Colorado model and its production year.
- Engine type: In addition to the make, model, and year, consider the engine type of your Chevy Colorado. Exhaust systems may differ depending on whether your vehicle has a V6 or another engine configuration. Ensure that your exhaust system is designed to fit your engine type for optimal performance and fitment.
- Modifications: If your Chevy Colorado has undergone any modifications, such as aftermarket headers, consider their compatibility with the exhaust system you intend to purchase. Some exhaust systems may require additional modifications or adapters to work properly with aftermarket components. Verify that the exhaust system is compatible with any existing modifications or plan accordingly for any necessary adjustments.
The material of the exhaust system plays a significant role in determining its durability, performance, and resistance to corrosion. Here are some commonly used materials and their benefits:
- Stainless Steel: This offers excellent durability, corrosion resistance, and longevity. Stainless steel exhaust systems can withstand extreme temperatures and harsh weather conditions. They are less prone to rust and deterioration than other materials, ensuring a long-lasting and reliable exhaust system for your Chevy Colorado.
- Aluminized Steel: This material consists of a steel core with an aluminum-silicon coating, enhancing corrosion resistance. Aluminized steel exhaust systems offer good durability and cost-effectiveness. This makes them a popular choice for budget-conscious buyers. However, they may not be as resistant to corrosion as stainless steel. Also, the aluminum-silicon coating can wear off over time, potentially reducing its lifespan.
- Titanium: Titanium is a high-performance material often used in premium exhaust systems. It offers exceptional strength-to-weight ratio, heat resistance, and corrosion resistance. Titanium exhaust systems are lightweight, which can contribute to improved performance by reducing overall vehicle weight. However, they are more expensive than stainless steel or aluminized steel systems..
Exhaust systems come in different configurations. Here are the most common exhaust system configurations:
- Cat-Back Exhaust System: This exhaust system replaces the components from the catalytic converter to the exhaust tip. It offers a balance of performance gains, sound enhancement, and ease of installation. Buy this to improve exhaust flow, increase horsepower, and achieve a more aggressive exhaust note.
- Axle-Back Exhaust System: The configuration replaces the components from the rear axle to the exhaust tip. It is more focused on sound enhancement rather than significant performance gains. Only purchase this after a deeper, more aggressive exhaust tone.
- Header-Back Exhaust System: A header-back exhaust system replaces all the components from the exhaust headers or exhaust manifolds to the exhaust tip. Hence, it offers the most extensive modifications and is often chosen by performance enthusiasts seeking maximum power gains. If you purchase this, it will come with new headers or exhaust manifolds and a new mid-pipe, muffler, resonator, and exhaust pipes. They will provide improved exhaust flow, reduced restrictions, and the opportunity to customize the entire exhaust system.
Upgrading your exhaust system improves performance and enhances the sound of your 3.6 Chevy Colorado. The exhaust note plays a significant role in the overall driving experience. It adds a touch of excitement and personality to your vehicle.
So, when selecting an exhaust system, you need to consider the sound characteristics. Ensure they align with your personal preference and local noise regulations. Here are a few key points to keep in mind:
- Aggressive Sound: Some exhaust systems are designed to produce a more aggressive and throaty exhaust note. These systems often feature larger-diameter pipes and less restrictive mufflers. Only buy these if you want attention-grabbing sounds.
- Milder Sound: On the other hand, exhaust systems offer a milder and more refined sound. These systems are designed to enhance the existing exhaust note without being overly loud or obtrusive. This is the right choice if you prefer a more subtle upgrade that adds a touch of sportiness without being excessively loud.
A well-designed exhaust system can enhance your vehicle’s horsepower, torque, and overall driving performance. Here are some key points to consider when evaluating the performance benefits of an exhaust system:
- Horsepower and Torque Gains: Choose exhaust systems advertising noticeable horsepower and torque gains. These performance enhancements can result in improved acceleration, increased towing capacity, and an overall boost in the vehicle’s power output.
- Optimized Airflow: This allows the engine to breathe more efficiently. Look for systems with mandrel-bent tubing, which maintains a consistent diameter throughout the exhaust system. This smooth and unrestricted airflow helps reduce back pressure and improves the engine’s ability to expel exhaust gases.
- Brand Reputation
Delve into the manufacturer’s background and track record. Look for brands that have earned a reputation for their commitment to quality craftsmanship, exceptional performance gains, and customer satisfaction.
Established brands often have years of experience and expertise in engineering exhaust systems that deliver on their promises. They invest in research and development. This ensures their products are designed to enhance your vehicle’s performance and durability. Don’t forget to look at the brand’s level of customer support.
Exhaust systems are a significant investment, so choosing a product with a solid warranty is important. A warranty will provide you with peace of mind. This is by protecting your investment against any potential defects or issues. So review the warranty terms and conditions, including the coverage period and any specific requirements or limitations.
Strike a balance between quality and affordability. While opting for the cheapest option may be tempting, remember that higher-quality materials and construction often come at a higher cost. Consider the long-term value and benefits of investing in a premium exhaust system.
Higher-quality systems are engineered to withstand the rigors of daily use. They also provide noticeable performance gains and offer sound enhancement. Expensive options are also more likely to resist corrosion and have a longer lifespan. This makes them a worthwhile investment in your vehicle’s overall performance and enjoyment.
- Reviews and Recommendations
To gain valuable insights into specific exhaust systems, take the time to read customer reviews and seek recommendations from fellow Chevy Colorado. Real-world experiences and feedback can provide firsthand information about the performance. They will also tell you about different exhaust systems’ fitment, durability, and overall satisfaction.
Pay attention to reviews that align with your specific needs and preferences. Look for patterns and recurring comments regarding performance gains, sound characteristics, installation ease, and customer support. Taking into account the experiences of others can help inform your decision.
Here are common questions that people ask about exhaust systems for Colorado 3.6L models:
Q: Will Installing an Aftermarket Exhaust System Void My Vehicle’s Warranty?
No. However, modifying certain parts of your vehicle, including those related to the exhaust system, may impact the warranty coverage for those components. Parts that could void warranty coverage include aftermarket catalytic converters, headers, or downpipes. Consult your vehicle manufacturer or authorized dealership for specific details regarding warranty coverage.
Q: How Difficult is installing an Aftermarket Exhaust System on a Chevy Colorado?
The installation difficulty can vary depending on the specific exhaust system and individual mechanical skills. In general, most aftermarket exhaust systems come with detailed installation instructions. They are designed to be a direct bolt-on replacement, minimizing the need for extensive modifications.
Basic hand tools are typically sufficient for the installation process. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with performing the installation yourself, it’s recommended to seek professional assistance.
Q: Will Upgrading to an Aftermarket Exhaust System Affect Emissions Compliance in my Chevy Colorado?
To be sure, consider emissions compliance regulations and local laws when modifying your vehicle’s exhaust system. Some aftermarket exhaust systems are designed to be emissions-compliant. They have catalytic converters and other components to ensure compliance with environmental standards. To comply, select an exhaust system specifically designed to meet the emissions requirements in your region.
When it comes to finding the best exhaust for 3.6 Colorado, two top products stand out from the above review. They include the K&N Cold Air Intake 19HP Kit and the Flowmaster 615165 Engine Cold Air Intake. These exhaust systems have been highly regarded for their performance gains, durability, and overall customer satisfaction.
Both also offer exceptional performance and are backed by reputable brands. Depending on your specific preferences and requirements, either of these exhaust systems will provide noticeable gains in power. You will confidently upgrade your vehicle, knowing you’ve chosen one of the best exhaust options available.